We have a small list of essentials that we must have whenever we head out to camp for 1 night or 5. Packing these ensures we have the best time we can, and they don’t take up much space in our bags!
No.1 – Coffee
It’s a quick three step process to making the coffee first thing in the morning –
- Crush coffee beans with something heavy!
- Add to boiled water in kettle
- Swing above your head repeatedly until mixed through
Pour and take in your breathtaking surroundings with the freshest brew for miles.
No.2 – Bacon
Super easy to pack, just wrap up some dry cured bacon (unsliced lasts up to 3 weeks unrefrigerated) and it’ll be keep you going for a good few breakfasts in the wild.
No. 3 – Whisky
It goes without saying that any camping trip into the highlands or beyond always deserves a good malt to sit around the fire with and also keep you warm should the temperature drop!
No.4 – Amazing Views
Wherever you decide to pitch camp, don’t forget to stop and take in the surroundings. One minute it may look dull and unappealing, then the next the sun has split the clouds and is revealing the true beauty of nature at it’s best!
Some More Quick Tips:
• Campfires: Speaking of morale, what’s better than a campfire at night as you sit there? We always make sure we have the means for a fire: wood and a way to start it.
• A full ice chest: Although PB&J sandwiches, freeze dried meals, and canned food can be easy and cheap, treating yourself with a BBQ steak can really ramp up your experience.
• Dutch Oven: Need we say more? Have you ever had a meal from a dutch oven?
• Stay Charged: We bring solar panels to keep our electronics and cameras charged.
• Be prepared: Knowing that we have what we need to get ourselves through a bad situation puts our minds at ease so we can focus on our trip instead of worrying about what could go wrong.
• Know the weather: Check out the weather in the locations you plan to hit. A little foresight will keep you from being miserable in a climate you didn’t prepare for.
See you out there!