The Netherton Foundry Prospector Casserole is one impressive pan. Made from spun iron using age old techniques, it is exceptionally versatile and superb for frying, grilling and oven to table serving. Crafted for usability and durability, the Prospector Casserole is easy to use and features a non-stick surface that will naturally become more non-stick over time. Suitable for use on all cooking surfaces and lighter than cast iron, the Prospector Casserole is a pan that you will return to time and time again.
We currently stock two sizes: 8” and 10” pans.
The 8”pan is perfect for one person servings and the 10” pan, the most popular size, is ideal for two people.
• Made in Shropshire, Great Britain
• Double handled for easy handling and takes up less space on the hob and in the oven
• Fry on the hob, brown under the grill, cook in the oven.
• Pre-seasoned with flax oil for a natural non-stick finish
• Durable 99.1% pure spun iron pan with lid and sturdy riveted handles
• Suitable for high temperature frying & browning
• Versatile and very compact to store.
• Perfect for range stoves, open fires, wood burning ovens, electric, gas, ceramic, halogen & induction hobs. (heat up slowly to keep flat).
Why choose a pre-seasoned pan?
• The Sussex flax oil coating is easy to wash & naturally non-stick. It is ready for immediate use.
• No chemicals or PTFE are used in the coating of the pan.
• Coating can be simply restored at home, time after time.
Why use a spun iron pan?
• Iron pans are tough and can be used at very high temperatures.
• This iron pan is suitable for all types of hobs, grills and ovens.
• Iron is a pure, simple metal which is easy to look after & very recyclable.
Care: Before the first use, wash the pan with hot water. Do not use soap or detergent.
Caution: if using a ceramic or induction hob, increase the heat slowly for the first few uses to prevent buckling. Do not drop hot pans into cold water – this can cause the metal to warp or shatter.
Pan Dimensions for 8”:
Weight 1.14kg (2lb,8oz), Top rim diameter 8'' (20.0cm), Base diameter 6" (15.5cm),
Pan height 2" (5cm), Base to top of handle 3" (7.5cm) Width across handles 9¼" (23.5cm), Base to top of handle 3.5" (9.3cm)
Lid Dimensions for 8”:
Weight 0.41kg (14.5oz), lid diameter 7.75'' (19.6cm), lid height 1.75" (4.6cm).
Pan Dimensions for 10”:
Weight 1.0 kg (2lb, 5oz), Top rim diameter10'' (25.5cm), Base diameter 8" (20.0cm),
Pan height 2" (5cm), Base to top of handle 3" (7.5cm), Width across handles 11¼" (28.5cm)
Lid Dimensions for 10”:
Weight 0.64kg (1lb 6oz), lid diameter 9.7'' (24.5cm), lid height 2.5" (6.5cm).
Note: this lid sits inside the top rim and therefore measures slightly less than 10 inches.
We ship and deliver online orders to all parts of mainland UK, including the Highlands & Islands and Northern Ireland. Unlike many other online retailers, we do not charge a surcharge for customers in the Scottish Highlands!
Mainland UK including Scottish Highlands & Islands - £8.95
For orders over £65, delivery is free of charge
Northern Ireland - £20
We currently do not ship orders to any other UK Islands, Europe, the US or any other worldwide territory, we only ship and deliver online orders within the UK.
Once your online order has shipped from our warehouse, it should arrive with you within 2 working days. Please note, working days are Monday - Friday and DO NOT include Saturday and Sunday. You will receive a confirmation email from us as soon as your order has shipped, including a tracking code.
All online orders placed before midday Monday to Friday, will be dispatched same working day. Orders placed after midday Monday to Friday will be dispatched the next working day. Please note that orders received after midday on a Friday will be dispatched the following Monday.
We offer a Collection Service at checkout to allow you to process your order online and collect from our warehouse in Inverness. This is a free of charge service.
Once your online order has been processed and is ready for collection, you will receive an email confirmation with a collection date and time. We aim to do this within 4 hours of receiving your order. Collection orders received after 2pm may not be available until the next working day.
Please make sure you bring your email confirmation with you.