Even if you don’t make it out to the back country, the back garden will do!
We’ve reached the triumphant and glorious climax of Pumpkin Season 2016. While the pumpkin-flavoured-everything crazy starts earlier and earlier every year, the party always comes to a crashing end when the kids go back to school and Halloween has come and gone. After that, we all collectively kick our pumpkin addiction cold turkey and move on to something a bit more festive.
So this is it: crunch time. In a just a few short days all the pumpkin related products will disappear from the store shelves until Halloween next year, so pack it in while you still can.
To honour to the final days of pumpkin season we’ve sourced a warming whisky cocktail to keep you in good spirits for the rest of the week: Spiked Pumpkin Chai.
- 2 cups water
- 1 teabag black tea
- 2 tablespoons milk (coconut or almond are our favourites for this recipe)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin butter
- 85ml. whisky of choice
- Bring the water to a boil in a small pot or Biolite.
- Remove from heat, add the teabag, and allow the tea to steep 4-5 minutes. Remove and discard teabag.
- Add in the coconut milk and pumpkin butter. Stir to thoroughly combine. Add the whisky.
- Spit between two mugs and enjoy!
Sourced from http://www.freshoffthegrid.com/spiked-pumpkin-chai/